Feedback and Complaints

Your feedback is important as it helps us to know what we are doing well, and what we need to improve.

Members of the general public and any person connected with Companion mental health and disability service has the right to give us feedback, express their concerns, or lodge a complaint.

The following guidelines explain how you can do that. Choose from one of the following options to provide your feedback, concern or complaint.

Disability Royal Commission

The Disability Royal Commission wants to hear from all Australians about their experiences of violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability.

The Royal Commission is now accepting public submissions. Submissions received at this time will form part of the commission’s records. This means that if you decide to make a submission at this time, the information you provide will be publicly available.

For more information about making a submission, you can visit the Royal Commission website.

Feedback and concern

We are committed to listening to you and addressing your feedback or concerns as soon as possible.
Please contact our direct support employees or their managers in the first instance if they can address your concerns.
If you believe your concerns cannot be addressed at this level, please use the options above to contact the Executive Director responsible for this service.


We are committed to handling complaints effectively as we believe it is fundamental to the provision of quality service.
You can express your dissatisfaction with our services, the behaviour of any of our employees, including the CEO and Executive Directors, or the complaints handling process itself by using one of the options available.

What happens after you make a complaint?

  • Your complaint will be acknowledged, assessed and resolved in a fair, efficient and timely manner.

  • We will inform you about how the complaint will be resolved and the expected timeframe.

  • We might ask you for more information to better understand the issues and concerns.

  • We will ask for your permission to speak with our customers if you are making a complaint on their behalf.

  • We will explain to you and/or the person affected about the outcomes of your complaint.

  • We will take the necessary actions to address the issues and concerns raised.

  • At your request, we will provide you with an update on the progress of actions and outcomes.

What happens if we do not resolve the complaint to your satisfaction and/or if you disagree with the way we handle your complaint?

  • You can ask for the decision to be reviewed.

  • You can contact us if you are not happy about how your complaint was managed.

  • You can seek the support of a government department or advocacy organisation.

  • If you wish, we can help you to contact them or you can find their contact details on our website.

External Support

If the matter has not been resolved to your satisfaction, you may wish to contact one of the following organisations. We can help you to contact them if you wish.

  • P: (08) 9420 7279

    People with Disabilities (WA)